How to resolve iCloud not Working on iPhone?
iCloud is one of the top-rated services provided by the Apple Inc. The user can store and backup their important data on their iCloud account. It comes inbuilt in every iOS devices and users can also access it on Windows computer. iCloud is highly known for its best in class services. But sometimes users also confront iCloud not working problem whenever they access it on their iOS devices. This problem stops users to sync and backup their important data. There can be varied reasons behind this problem and they can also be resolved.
If iCloud not working on iPhone and showing any technical error, then you can fix this problem through below steps:
Check your iCloud Storage
If you are running out of iCloud storage, then you often confront this problem. Apply the below steps to manage and check your storage:
- First of all, open the Settings on your iPhone and then tap on your profile name.
- Tap on the iCloud from the scroll down menu and then you will see available storage on your iCloud account.
- Now tap on Manage Storage icon.’
- Tap on Change icon and then you can remove or disable the backup that you not required.
Reset Network Settings
- Open your iPhone Settings and then tap on General icon.
- Tap on Reset.
- Now tap on Reset Network Settings to complete the process.
Restart or reboot your iPhone
Sometimes restart an iPhone fix various kinds of problems. So you can also try these steps to get rid of iCloud not working problem.
- First of all, press and hold the power button until you will not see Power Off option.
- To force restart, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and power button together for at least 15 seconds and then release them. After that, wait until Apple log appears.
With the help of these methods, every kind of iCloud related problem can be fixed in a very simple manner.